Friday, March 8, 2013

Lasers in your ear.

This is a simple laser audio project I snagged off of Makezine. My creativity finds it's expression not so much in the electronics, but in the housing. I was born without a math gland so developing my own circuits has always been just outside my abilities. However, finding new ways to use already existing circuits and making them more useable and interesting visually is the thing that drives me. This circuit uses lasers to transmit an audio signal wirelessly. I have breadboarded this circuit and found it to work quite well. It is susceptible to static and buzzing caused by other lights in the room and pulsed light from monitors and televisions. I am working on a two laser emitter for stereo capability, and a receiver with long deep tubes with matte black coating on the interior to prevent other light interference.

No comments:

Post a Comment